Friday, March 9, 2012

Newport Storm - HURRICANE AMBER!

This brewing company is special because its made right here in Rhode Island about 45 minutes from my house! I have had the opportunity to try many of their 30 different beers, this one is the original and one of my favorites.  In 1999 this beer hit the streets and is what I would consider their catalyst to success.  This beer is actually in remembrance of the hurricane of 1938, the worst storm of the 20th century.  In my opinion it has a slightly hazy amber color, it smells some what pleasant with a floral, malty, hoppiness, and it tastes a bit on the sweet side with hits of caramel, toasted grain, and nut.  It has a medium to thin body that doesn't fill you up quick, however the sweetness kept me from drinking more than two or three...  I would say overall its drinkability is good but something you would pick up for a change of pace, something to savor, not to drink over and over in one sitting.  I would recommend giving this a try!


7.5 out of 10 - Newport Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment