Last summer I had a blind wine tasting at my house with a bunch of friends. Leanne had brought this wine and it was by far the crowd favorite. I had been long overdue for a glass and my mom needed something to relax her before her flight back to Myrtle Beach....so it was a win win.
- Appearance: A dark deep purple red color
- Smell: Very oakey at first but settles after a little bit. Hints of blackberry, plum and vanilla.
- Taste: Oakey, slightly sweet, blackberry, cherry
- Feel: This wine had a medium body with a velvety smooth feel to it.
- Overall: I must say I am very happy Leanne brought this to the tasting it is without a doubt one of my favorite bottles and for $10.99 you can't go wrong. This wine would pair well with another bottle or with a sharp cheddar cheese. Yeah now I'm hungry!
This wine is a blend of Merlot, Syrah and Zinfandel...gotta love the blends.
9.5 out of 10