Friday, March 30, 2012

Apothic Red!

Last summer I had a blind wine tasting at my house with a bunch of friends.  Leanne had brought this wine and it was by far the crowd favorite.  I had been long overdue for a glass and my mom needed something to relax her before her flight back to Myrtle Beach....so it was a win win. 
  • Appearance: A dark deep purple red color
  • Smell: Very oakey at first but settles after a little bit.  Hints of blackberry, plum and vanilla.
  • Taste: Oakey, slightly sweet, blackberry, cherry
  • Feel:  This wine had a medium body with a velvety smooth feel to it.  
  • Overall: I must say I am very happy Leanne brought this to the tasting it is without a doubt one of my favorite bottles and for $10.99 you can't go wrong.  This wine would pair well with another bottle or with a sharp cheddar cheese.  Yeah now I'm hungry!


This wine is a blend of Merlot, Syrah and Zinfandel...gotta love the blends.


9.5 out of 10


1 comment:

  1. This bottle of wine has to be one of my favorite. The hints of blackberry, vanilla and plum paired very well with chocolate. Apothic red taste very expensive, but very affordable. I will defiantly purchase Apothic Red again!
    Thanks Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete