Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon

I love the holidays especially when you get together with family and amazing food is served.  This Easter was pretty low key however my step mom and dad always go all out when it comes to Sunday dinners.  On the menu was filet mignon (my favorite), caramelized carrots, roasted broccoli and cauliflower and to top it off we had sea scallops smothered in shallots and butter.  My dad had also picked up a bottle of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi.  Here is what I thought.


Appearance:  It has a nice deep rich purple to red color with great clarity and good leg.
Smell:  Oakey, fruity, predominantly notes of cherry jumped out at me.
Taste:  Oakey at first, but hints of mostly cherry and blackberry.
Feel:  Medium bodied wine with a velvety feel.
Overall:  For $11.99 you can't beat this wine, not to mention its a MAGNUM!  It went very well with the Filet, may have been a little overpowering for the scallops but I guess you can't get to picky for the price.  This wine would be great to have on hand for small unexpected get together's.  In my opinion it does well compared to Robert Mondavi's Private Selection :)

Sea Scallops

The Main Course









No comments:

Post a Comment