Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hi neighbor have a 'Gansette Summer Ale

On the way home from work this past Friday I got a call from Meg and she couldn't wait for me to pick up a 6 pack of beer.  I wanted to have something crisp and refreshing so I gambled and went with Narragansett Summer Ale.  Here is my take on it.
Appearance:  Golden yellow in color and it pours a nice creamy head about 1" that disappears fairly quick. 
Smell:  Nice aromas of hops, sweet, grassy, and CITRUS!
Taste:  Bready, malty, cereal flavors with a refreshing hop citrus flavor.  So good.
Feel: This brew is light bodied, with light carbonation, not to sweet and not to bitter, and in my opinion has great drinkability.  At 4.2% alc volume I could drink these all day, they are almost thirst quenching.  I can see myself drinking this beer all summer, at a BBQ, the beach, late night campfire.
Overall:  This beer is a great addition to my summer brew rotation.  I would definitely recommend you give this  brew a shot at least once. Another cool thing about this beer is its made about 20 minutes from my house.
Grade: B+


The Towers of Narragansett in 1885 - Check out the its History here.  You can see the towers on the 16oz tallboy above.


No comments:

Post a Comment