Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Christmas In Summer! Magic Hat's Elder Betty

I don't know about you but whenever the seasons change I get super excited about all the seasonal beer that is just around the corner!!  I must say I am a huge fan the SUMMER seasonal variety packs.  Let's be honest there is not much better than an ice COLD beer in your hand on a HOT summer day especially if your on the beach or at a cookout with some friends and family.


So today I splurged a bit and went for the good stuff... a case of Magic Hats summer variety pack! (not to mention it includes two beers on my beer quest list)  For this review I couldn't help myself but to try the Elder Betty, so here goes.



Appearance:  Golden orange but with a touch of haziness to it.
Smell:  Distinctive berry aroma with a solid wheat and grain background
Taste:  This one caught me off guard, upfront a grainy, grassy flavor but then as it settles the second flavor hits you in the face and it was very berry flavor with a hint of tartness...so good.
Feel:  Smooth, not what I expected from a summer brew because it wasn't super crisp but then again I kinda liked that because overly carbonated beers are not my favorite.
Overall:  This weiss style beer has a nice fruity finish, not over powering in flavor, something I can definitely see myself drinking over and over on a hot day.  Nice change up if you a partial to the many lemon and lime flavored summer brews out there.
Rating:  A-


No comments:

Post a Comment