Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Home Brewed BEER!

For a while now my good friend Kevin and I have been talking about brewing our own beer.  Finally we bought the materials needed to brew our own beer!  We went with an intermediate prepackaged beer kit from The Grape and Granary.   They had a so many beer kits to choose from it was like heaven!  We decided to go with the grape and granary Summer Ale. Here are some pictures of us bottling the beer.  I must say the whole process was a lot of fun and I cannot wait to taste it!  @Grapeandgranary


5 Gallons of BEER!


They say 2 weeks and its good to drink but the more time you give it the better it will taste, so we decided on 3 weeks until we crack open the first brewski. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Love this post! I'm a seasoned homebrewer myself, and just a tip...don't use clear bottles. Brown are really the best and when you're ready switch to kegs. Using clear bottles will produce an inferior brew being damaged by the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally. we were scrambling around trying to find bottles to use...omg I want a kegorater!!!

    ReplyDelete